At South32, we constantly review our portfolio to ensure it is optimised and that we are well positioned for the next phase of demand growth.
A big part of this is our work to create a pipeline of high quality exploration and development options in commodities we believe will have strong fundamentals into the future.
We are always on the lookout for new opportunities, with a bias to base metals, to partner and invest with junior explorers and miners globally.
Current exploration projects are;
- An agreement with Adventus Mining Corporation to advance a series of carbonate-hosted ‘Irish Type’ zinc lead-silver projects in Ireland;
- A strategic alliance with AusQuest to develop a pipeline of high-potential exploration opportunities such as copper, zinc and nickel projects in Australia and Peru;
- An exploration option agreement with Vancouver based Silver Bull Resources, for the Sierra Mojada Silver, lead, zinc project in Mexic;
- A strategic alliance with North Queensland Resources to appraise several exploration opportunities targeting gold, silver and base metal deposits in North Queensland, Australia;
- A regional strategic alliance agreement with Bronco Creek Exploration to focus on copper and other base metal projects in Arizona, New Mexico and Utah;
- An agreement with Freegold Ventures Limited, for the Shorty Creek copper project in Alaska;
- An earn-in agreement with Minsud Resources to explore the Chita Valley, copper, molybdenum, silver and gold project in Argentina; and
- Advancing internally generated base-metal exploration opportunities in Australia and the America’s.