14 APRIL 2020
Thank you to our teams around the world who are going the distance
Thank you to our teams around the world who are adapting to a variety of new ways of working in response to COVID-19.
Across our operations we’ve put in place a wide range of measures to protect our people to continue to maintain safe and reliable operations.
As a minimum, the measures we have in place follow advice from relevant governments and health authorities.
Here’s some of the steps we’ve implemented to ensure our workforce remains well:
Increased social distancing
- We are alternating time in and out of the office or site; working from home; making changes to site rosters and pre-start meetings; staggering shift start times to reduce the amount of people at pre-start meetings and reducing our fly-in, fly-out workforce wherever possible.
Increased site surveillance and hygiene measures
- We have increased measures including temperature screening pre-flight for our fly in / fly out operations, as well as at points of entry. We are continuing to raise awareness of priority hygiene measures with our people and communities.
Identifying and protecting high-risk people
- We are identifying high-risk members of our workforce and our communities and supporting them to ensure their risk of exposure is minimised.
- Travel ban in place for all international business travel.
- If employees travel internationally, they will be excluded from the workplace for 14 days from the date of travel.
- Travel ban in place for all domestic travel, except for government approved domestic travel for business-critical activities.
- If employees travel domestically (except for government approved domestic travel), they will be excluded from the workplace for 14 days from the date of travel.
Here’s some examples of our measures in action.